3/30/09

Meme Monday: 5 Things




I love memes. You can be as creative or funny or serious as you want, all the while baring your soul to the general public. Here is a combination of several "5 things" memes I have run across.

5 Things I Was doing 10 Years Ago.

1. I was still on 1st shift. Same job, just earlier wake-up call.
2. I had no car yet, still rode a bicycle everywhere. (Oh, to be that young again.)
3. I guess I was reading a lot, since I was still 2 years away from getting online.
4. Regularly getting drunk on the weekend. (some things never change...)
5. I had a regular D & D group with which I played, all of whom have moved away.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today:

1. Well, obviously, finish this meme.
2. Get a little housework done.
3. write a letter to the folks.
4. Since I have the day off, get drunk. LOL
5. Pass out.

5 Snacks I Love:

1. Fresh strawberries.
2. Creme Savers® strawberries and creme hard candy.
3. Fresh strawberries.
4. Kellog's® Nutri-Grain™ strawberry cereal bars.
5. Did I mention fresh strawberries?

5 Things I Would Do if I were a Millionaire:

1. Move somewhere where Obama couldn't get his hands on it.
2. Become more active in the Libertarian Party.
3. Propose to Charlize Theron.
4. After she rejected me, try Alicia Silverstone.
5. Hmmm. Is Leann Rimes single, again, yet?

5 Places Where I Have Lived:

1. York, PA (until I was about 6mos. old)
2. Garland, TX. (until I was about 3 years old.)
3. Pottsboro, TX (where I grew up)
4. San Marcos, TX (since age 28)
5. Spent two summers in Washington D.C. in the late 80's.

5 Jobs I Have Had:

1. Fast food cook
2. Grocery store sacker
3. Grocery store stocker
4. Janitor
5. Machinist

5 Things You Didn't Know About Me (until now, that is):

1. Winthrop J. Quiggy is not my real name. It was the name of a character I designed for a role-playing game back in the late '80's. The character was a milquetoast alter-ego of a superhero. "Winthrop" because that was the wimpiest sounding name I knew. "J." because, in my favorite cartoon, "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" every character had the middle initial of J. (i.e. Rocket J. Squirrel, Bullwinkle J. Moose). "Quiggy" because the dictionary in the room happened to be opened to the Qs. I looked down and saw the entry for "quagga" and just changed a couple of letters.

2. I'm an avid collector of business cards. No, I'm not in sales. I just had a friend that collected matchbooks, and he kept them in a drawer. One day I commented that one spark could make the whole thing go up in flames. And then I said "It would be safer to collect business cards." That caused a light to go on in my head and I thought it was a great idea. the internet has helped me expand considerably since I have online acquaintances from all over the globe sending me contributions from their respective areas.

3. I am probably the only person in America who doesn't give a s*** who wins American Idol, Survivor, The Bachelor or any of the other mostly annoying and definitely boring "reality" show competions.

4. I am not claustrophobic (I could sit in a closet for hours if I had a light to read by) nor am I afraid of crowds, but the idea of sitting between two people in a row, or in the back seat of a car is uncomfortable.

5. I have some pretty unusual tastes in food, but the weirdest one is eating peanut butter and oysters on crackers. But the good news is I'm not alone. I met an old man a few years ago who admitted to having the same aste for that combination.

Usually at this point, you are supposed to tag people to do the meme on their blogs. I only have one person I know who is reading this regularly, so listing 5 is out of the question. But if you read this and decide to do it on your blog, leave a comment telling me where I can find it.

1 comment:

Jinxo56 said...

I consider myself tagged. I'll do it tomorrow.