4/3/09

I Can Cure All Ills





It would appear that I am more convincing in my creativity than I gave myself credit for. On Tuesday, I published a blog entry titled "My Favorite Album" in which I proceeded to describe a rap tribute album to Def Leppard, as recorded by Tone-Loc. The album itself does not exist. (Although I later found out that there is indeed a "Hip-Hop Tribute to Def Leppard" available on Amazon. And the three songs I mentioned in the fictional album were on the real CD. Weird coincidence.)

The whole ruse was spelled out in the first letters of each paragraph, had anyone noticed. The letters spelled out APRIL FOOL. At least several of my friends who read it actually believed the content, however. I wish I could be that convincing all the time, I might run for President.

No comments: