2/16/11

On the subject of fun

     Why is it that nobody wants you to have fun anymore.  People see you enjoying yourself and immediately want to curb your enthusiasm.  I was thinking this while dancing with myself in the canned fruit aisle of Wal-Mart.  (I added that just to see what they'd do to me... )
      You can't smoke anywhere public anymore.  Some cities have even enacted ordinances that you can be fined if you smoke in your own house with the window open.  You can't go to the beach and kick back with some brewskis anymore, because not only will you have to worry about getting pulled over AFTER you leave the beach, some places are even harassing people who haven't even left the beach.  Not a day goes by anymore where there isn't some action being taken in political circles to either increase taxes on, or maybe even outright curb the sales of fast food.
    I say its time to take back the fun from the fun police.  Do something spontaneous and fun.  The more strange looks you get, the better, if you ask me.  Let them know you refuse to be bopttled up in a PC world.  Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go run through the aisles at Wal-Mart (I did it again...) singing "I'm a Little Teacup".

No comments: